Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Thirteen Original Colonies: A Mini-Lecture!

Our study of Colonial America began last week! This week, we learned about the Thirteen Original Colonies, particularly about the different regions that the colonies were broken up into. The students gave each other mini-lectures about the colonies based on what they learned in class. Here, one student gives part of their mini-lecture (the introduction and the New England Colonies). Enjoy!


Ask a student from our class to give you their Thirteen Original Colonies mini-lecture! What did you learn about the different regions? 

4 comments:

  1. I heard Dylan give his mini-lecture about the Thirteen Colonies. He said that the New England colonies had rocky land so it was hard for them to have large farms. Dylan taught me that they had to import some of the things they needed, or bring them in from another area. Thanks for teaching me, Dylan!

    From,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to Bria's mini lecture I could really understand what she was saying like she would tell us thee details like how they imported a lot and exported a lot nice job Bria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard some really good mini colony lecture like Bria's she thought me that New England had less slaves because the soil was rocky and you couldn't plant. THANK'S BRIA!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dylan told me about the 13 colonies. It was really good how he told it to me. He use words that I forgot that I knew and he used things that I knew but it in a different way that was better. To me I like how he said things it was good, ask him.

    Bria

    ReplyDelete